12 Days of Cookies: Cherry Berry Bars Recipe for MacGourmet

12daysofcookies.jpgI have to say, I didn't get this one when it first showed up. Sure, a cherry bar cookie might be tasty, but isn't it a little homely for the holidays?

I guess the comparison to fruitcake makes it sound a little more sensible. Still, it should really boast nuts as well as fruit and spice to truly merit the name "fruitcake," in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the booze!

But I must admit, plain-looking cookies invariably show up on our table every year. Oatmeal raisin cookies are such a favorite in our family that they simply must be on offer alongside the margarine-bomb frosted sugar cookies.

This cookie features frozen cherries and mixed berry preserves in a spiced blondie base. I'm all for the dark brown sugar, with it's extra-caramely flavor, but I'm not sure the 1:1 ratio of cinnamon to cloves sounds right.

Let me know if you give it a try!

Check out today's recipe on Food Network's site, or download Cherry Berry Bars into MacGourmet.

No comments: