Food Network's 12 Days of Cookies: 2004

12daysofcookies.jpgAnd here we enter the realm of lists still available directly off the current (2007) Food Network web site.

I came to this list with a fever-pitch level of anticipation after my cookie adventures of the previous year. Of course, it couldn't quite meet my high expectations (Cornmeal Wreaths? Made with cornflakes? What?), but looking back at the list now, I see several promising (and delicious, having made a few) recipes.

Maamoul, Ribbon Cookies, and Swedish Christmas Cookies have all hit our holiday table over the years. I was dying to try that Maamoul recipe as it sounded Middle Eastern with that date filling. Were I to make it again, I'd go all out and spring for those Medjool dates rather than the puny ones I ended up with.

If I was baking this year, I might try my hand at those Czech Squares in honor of our year abroad (we'll be moving to the Czech Republic in May). Also, since I'm much less nut-averse than I used to be, I might try those tasty-looking Hazelnut-Mocha Macaroons.

Food Network’s 12 Days of Cookies, 2004

Download 12 Days of Cookies 2004 in MacGourmet.

No comments: