Martha Celebrates Halloween with Spooky and Sweet Cookies

martha-halloween.jpg

"The Martha Stewart Show" has sucked me in lately with its eight weeks of Halloween planning. Apparently, Martha Stewart knows how to do holiday celebrations right: big, bold, and completely over the top.

She's found a believer in me.

Honestly, I had never watched Martha's latest show until this month. I forget where I read that she would be doing Halloween segments for a full eight weeks, but once I heard, I knew I had to give the show a shot, despite my dislike of her old Food Network show.

Eight weeks of stretching out a one-day holiday? That is hard core, and I am so there!

Oh, just you wait until I stop paying lip service to Halloween and Thanksgiving in a few weeks. All Christmas, all the time! Heck, I've been sneaking in a bit of holiday music since August.

To give you time to recover from my craziness so that you might return later for more cookie love with an open heart, I provide you with links to some fantastically crafty season-appropriate cookies from Martha Stewart's site:

Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies: Chocolaty, caky cookies sandwiched around a cream cheese-pumpkin filling. For the more subdued, closeted holiday maniacs among us.

Halloween Cookies: Your typical holiday cutouts, with a hit of chocolate to turn them appropriately spooky for the season. For getting a little less subtle.

Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cookies: Sweet, dusky molasses and spicy cinnamon and ginger to remind you of the season, with wacky-colored scary faces to remind you that you are a holiday fiend.

Haunted-House Chocolate Cookies: A sturdy construction dough made with deep, dark Dutch-processed cocoa to ensure results as black as a vampire's heart. Because you need to get your hand in for that Christmas gingerbread palace, darn it.

No comments: